How to import downloaded txt or POI file into IGO8?
I have downloaded bothe type of iGO speedcam files and have copied it to the IGO/content/poi directory, but cannot find the POI category when I search for POI's. I also do not have the iGO userdata POI directory.
- Save KML downloads to your PC
- Copy all saved KML files to igo8/content/userdata/poi
(Create userdata folder and poi folder under it if you can't find them on your unit.)
iGO8 is slow to process new additions. It'll take some time if you add many new KML files. You will also be asked to associate POI icons with new files.
The most important with iGO is to be patient!
I'm having a little trouble with the KML or tex files
I have followed the path igo8/content/userdata/poi , there was no userdata / poi folder so I made one and added a KML file to it , expecting to see the new poi to show up , however nothing at all showed and i was not asked to add an icon to the file either , What em I doing wrong here???
The first thing is to do is , enter Igo, then click on Manage, then POI, and then you should find your KML at the END of list, not alfabetically. Also, many Igo versions don't show the icon for the file, but instead just a yellow globe.
Hey everyone, it's quite simple for all of your POI installations and below for speed camera install follow these easy steps;
1. Turn off the write protection of the Memory Card if it is on.
2. Connect the memory card or the navigation device to PC, then create the following path on the memory card: igo8/content/userdata/POI.
3. Download, unzip and copy the the downloaded .kml files into the POI destination folder. Or simply download the .kml file straight to the POI folder.
4. Restart your navigation device.
5. Run the navigation software and swich to Advanced mode. Choose the Manage POI icon.
6. Choose downloaded POIs (kml file); then choose Edit and turn on the POI and set the distance of POI icon visibility. The default icon for the new POI is Google Earth's globe so you may want to change it to something else relevant.
7. In the Navigation menu choose Find POI, and choose as Destination if you wish to check it.
Note: some POIs might not be reachable on your map, if the map is not detailed enough.
FOR SPEED CAMERA, follow these steps;
1. Download as speedcam the iGO8_txt.zip file to a folder on your PC.
2. Copy the speedcam.txt file only (no need to convert) to the Storage card/igo8/content/speedcam.
4. Restart iGO8, the file will automatically update the database.
5. There will now be three files in the speedcam directory, speedcam.spdb, speedcam.txt and SpeedcamUpdates.spud.
6. Allow the device to detect a GPS signal. When this is done the speedcam locations will be active.
7. Check Settings/Warnings has Speed Camera Warning enabled.
I wanted to load some new KML files today ,
loaded them to igo8/content/userdata/POI.
switched to menu and chose the Manage POI icon.
made a folder downloaded POIs as there was none under userdata/POI's
and this is where I get stuck I can not find the files I uploaded to userdata/POI's , the KML file is only 180kb and surely this is not a large file
What am I doing wrong ?
Speed camera updates are no problem in txt format
GPS: HTC One Mini, HTC Wildfire, HTC Touch Diamond 2
I followed to the letter the instructions given by W Coxon and this caused my POI Classes (eg Pharmacies) to appear as selectable options in the normal "Manage POI" menu. This was in any case preferable to being located on the "My POI" tab. However initially, although they were displayed on the menu, it was not possible to enable or select them.
Each time I tried to select a set of POIs a new screen would open with the message <No items>.
However, adjacent to the menu listing there is a box with the word "Edit". When clicking on this button a new screen appears allowing selection of the "POI Icon Visibility Distance" Once a distance is selected the screen defaults back to the POI Management screen but with my POI now selected and enabled.
I tried the instructions given here but it hasn't worked, for some reason.
The KML file has a <Folder><Name>category tag in it.
The Category has been created in the GPS but it is empty.
Does that indicate an error with the format of the KML file?
I loaded the speedcam text files but now that there are 3 files in the speedcam directory - speedcam.spdb, speedcam.txt and SpeedcamUpdates.spud. it looks as if the icons on the maps double up on top of each other. Do you know which other file has the speedcam which may be causing the duplication?
Hi folks! Could you please tell me how to import txt format POIs into android's iGO MyWay version? I downloaded WiFi hotspot POIs and i'm not able to see any of those pois on the map. I copied those txt files to iGO\content\poi folder. Thanks!
By my latest calculation there are about 9784 text files with speedcam data of which about 7428 I find vitally necessary to my day to day existence. To load all of them, do I need to merge them into a single text file and dump the result into the ../content/speedcam folder or do all the individual files go in there? Or is there a way to upload the data from the text files via some nifty utility - either PC-based or GPS-unit based?
I have read with much intrest all of your messages, about how to import the KML data into the IGO8 gps. I bought my GPS IGO8 device, destinated for UK market in 2013 . My SD card has the following path : "IGO8", then "content", then "poi", then "united kingdom". I wish to download and import the most common poi's of mainland Europe (ps I live in Belgium and my device contains only uk poi's) into my sd card, and IGO8 device. Can anyone, or mr03 , or w coxon (see mails above) please instruct me how I do have to proceed specifically? How and on which level can I assoicate the new downloaded mass of poi's to any icon (ps i intend to make it simple by using the "earth" icon for each catagory as used by google maps.) Can mr03 , or w coxon, or any other person please instruct me more in detail? Many thanks for that.