Interest (POI) Editor
Step 1.Open Custom POI File on your desktop
1. On the File menu, click Open text file.
Chose provided CSV files (one by one in repeated steps). Click Open.
Step 2.Save Custom POI File to your PDA
1. On the Map menu, click Save to Device. The POI Options
window will open.
2. Modify the POI settings as required:
- To activate the POI select the Active check
box. If you do not activate the POI, you will only be able to configure
the Importance and Icon File settings.
- To enable a visual warning when the
POI is in close proximity, select
the Visual Alert check box.
- To enable an audible chime when the
POI is in close proximity, select
the Audio Alert check box.
- To change the units used to measure
distance for this POI, select the
Metric or Imperial option.
- Select the distance from the POI at
which the visual warning should display or the audible chime is heard, from
the Distance box. If you ride on open roads it’s better longer than
short distance set. For city drive chose shorter distance. We recommend to use
1000m for speed cameras and 500m for all the other cameras/locations.
- Move the Importance slider left or
right to indicate the priority that the POI has where two or more POIs are in the same locale. We recommend using MAX.
- Type the path to the icon file to be used to represent the POI, in
the Icon File box, or select the icon file from your local or network
- Type the path to the icon file to be used to represent the POI
icon (.BMP) file
1. Click OK and follow the prompts. The CSV POI file is
saved to the PDA. Close SmartST when finish installation of all files.
You do not need to do anything else. You
can also proceed to see how to delete CSV files from your device and how to
test your new data. Once when you test your device consider leaving the best
possible feedback which will support us to provide even better service for all
Active Points of Interest (POI) Settings
Active POIs are
custom POIs that are announced when in close
proximity. Custom POIs are added from the Smart ST.
Desktop POI Editor.
1. From the Main Menu, tap, Setup, then the Active POI tab. The Active POI tab.
The Active POI Active POI
Settings Active POI Settings Active POI screen
2. Select the custom POI to be configured from the POI
3. Select the Active check box to activate the POI.
4. Modify the settings for the selected POI as required:
- To enable a visual warning when the POI is in close proximity,
select the Visual Warning check box in the Active POI Options section.
- Select the distance from the POI at which the visual warning
should display or the audible chime is heard, from the Distance box in the
Active POI Options section.
5. Tap to accept these changes and open the to accept these changes and open the Map screen.
Deleting a Custom POI File from your PDA
1. On the Device menu, click Manage POI Files .The Manage
POI Files window will open, displaying a list of custom POI files installed on
2. Click the File Name or Size of the POI file to delete.
3. Click Delete .The file is removed from the list, but
is not yet deleted.
4. If you want to delete more than one file, go to step
5. Click OK. Click and accept the changes. The selected
file or files are deleted.
Testing a Custom POI File from your PDA
1. Refer to The NAVMAN manual how to use route
demonstrator. Select start point and end point of demonstration to pass near
some speed or red light camera that you know. It should give the audio and
visual warning. Warning for speed cameras is at 1000m, and for red and other
cameras at 500m.
2. Send coordinates if ‘your’ speed or red
camera is not in the database. You will receive an update after confirmation.
Some parts were adapted from The User Manual
for Pocket PC Smart ST