I just downloaded the file of red and speed cameras in Australia in GPX format from the GPS Data Team POI database (costumer only).
I inserted my SD card to the slot in my car (Mercedes AGL 250 newest mode 2015l), but when trying to read it from the "Personal POI" menu it does not "see" the file on the SD card and thus cannot read the Red and Speed Cameras file.
Can some one advice please what has to be done.
I have downloaded some POI files using the Mercedes 2013 GPX POI 40s format. I have a few questions,
1. What does the different values of 's' and City Drive Interstate mean on the drop down box?
2. When I download the MacDonald's POI file and open it in my car (I have an Australian 2015 A180 with COMAND) the icons on the map don't show up with the little MacDonald's logo, initially they showed up with a speed camera ( I have changed it to the restaurant symbol in the settings) My question on this is should the logos of each POI file be displayed on the screen (KFC, MacDonald's, etc...). If not, is there a way to alter the code to include an icon? (I can see that other companies icons display on the screen).
That's all for now, thanks for your great work and I look forward to hearing from you,
What Im wondering is how to alter the code so that instead of a pre loaded Mercedes icon being used, it calls a .bmp image saved in the folder along with the code. Is it as simple as instead of the "6", i replace it with "macdonalds.bmp"?
It can be done as when I look on the map, company's such as Shell and BP have their little logo showing so Im hoping you may be able to help me out.
I know a .bmp file needs to be saved as a 256 Color bitmap and should be about 18x18.
to above question: I have found a useful guide to install to Comand system
Place the files in a SD card (or microsd in an adaptor) that is 32gb or less in size.
Create a folder on the SD card called PersonalPOI and place the file in the folder, rename the file to PersonalPOIs (file extension will be .gpx)
Make sure the SD card is not write protected and insert into the SD card slot of the COMAND unit.
Turn the car on and goto Navigation, Personal POIs, the car will then say importing personal POI, this may take a minute etc.
If the symbols on the POI is not showing properly then goto Navigation, Map settings, POI symbols on map then choose Personal symbols.
If you do not like the audio cutting out when you reach a POI then uncheck the audio fadeout option under Navigation.
Please note since this works on a POI system sometimes if the streets are quite close and you are driving on a separate road adjacent to the road with the speed camera the POI will still trigger. The 10 second warning time is the best compromise between setting off every POI in your vicinity and getting notified too late.
If your SD card is not on write only then you can play with the audio and visual warning of the POI through the COMAND unit.
Myself experience for the new Comand Navi users.
If I want to keep personal POI (include cameras warning) works, I have to leave SD card inside Comand system. Otherwise, the Comand Navigation will not show the Personal POI data.
Hello to all
I Italian ..... sorry for my english
..I am interested in changing icon
how? .. I do not be good
You can give a try the following way:
1) You can change default POI Icon, Category Name or POI Time in 'Settings' if desired.
2) Perform conversion and a 'PersonalPOIs.gpx' file will be generated.
3) Save this GPX file into a new folder named 'PersonalPOI' on an SD Card, and you're read to go.