GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Garmin, should it take HOURS to update maps?

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Garmin, should it take HOURS to update maps? Goto page  

Post Re: Slow updates     

johmazz2006 wrote:
Has anyone contacted Garmin re the problem ??

Do you think it's even remotely possible they hadn't? Garmin is blocking updates for their own reasons. As evidence, try searching Garmin's support site on the issue -- they pointedly do not address it at all.

FinlayR

GPS: Navman

Post Time     

That seems like an unusually long time to update maps. In my experience it's usually around an hour. Though I suppose it depends on your location, internet and the amount of time since your last update.

bessaston

GPS: Garmin Camper 770

Post Re: Garmin, should it take HOURS to update maps?     

bluebell wrote:
Hi

I've just bought the Garmin - it is taking hours to update maps. Is this normal? I stopped it a couple of times blaming he computer for running slow but now I'm not so sure it is the computer.

All other downloads (GPI POI file updates) are much faster. Even my ancient GPS was quicker (till it was dropped on the floor and broke...)

I've just bought a Camper 770 which said it was going to take 3 hours to update but actually took just over 2. To be honest I was just going to leave it in a corner to get on with it, but was quite surprised when I peeked and found it was finished.

guestUK

Post Inordinate time for update Garmin stuff     

Consistently over three hours on a 72Mb/s connection, fast processor. Only ever experience this length of time with Garmin. Makes me think it's the Garmin servers

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Garmin, should it take HOURS to update maps?
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Goto page  
Page 9 of 9

Jump to:  

Permalink: Garmin, should it take HOURS to update maps? | Garmin forum (Page 9)