Device will not recognize SD card.
Your nuvi 57LM will hold up to a 32GB micro sd card.
If you are not seeing a separate drive for the sd card:
- Select Settings > Device > About > Provide me with the Unit ID
- Return to the Where To?/View Map screen.
- Touch Volume
- Touch and hold the upper right corner of the screen
- Touch Configuration and Settings
- Touch MTP Settings
- Touch Mass Storage Single Session
- Touch Save
- Please reconnect to your USB cable.
- Make sure the the card is inserted into the GPS.
by the looks of things the 250 is playing up Could be the card capacity may be too big for the 250?
I would suspect the SD card and its compatibility with the Garmin. I had a 4 GB Sandisk card which would read elsewhere but not in my Nuvi. I realised after a while that the plastic body of the card was a little thinner than the others I had. I put a few layers of tape on thee back to thicken it up and it works fine now.
THIS!!! Put a couple layers of tape on the tiny card, and it fit more snugly, and now my Garmin 50 will recognize the card! WOW !! Brilliant! Thanks!