Is the GPS supposed to recognize the SD card when inserted?
What is supposed to happen when the SD card is inserted in the Garmin 390LM? Can it only be used by adding files from your home computer, or is there a way to transfer saved routes and favorites on the SD card instead of in the unit itself?
How to get Mirco SD Card Recognized by Garmin Nuvi 255/255W
I have read many of these postings and did all variations of what have been suggested, yet still have NOT been able to get my micro SD card recognized to utilize the new map which is over the memory size of the base unit (indicated by pressing Tools>System>Maps>About which only shows the original map on the base unit with the map level info as below or an error message of not having any map).
- Unit - Garmin Nuvi 255 and 255W (both have the same exact problem)
- Operation system level - level 7.80 (both have just been updated to this level using the new Garmin Express tool before any trying to use the new map on the micro SD card)
- Existing Map level - CN North America NT 2010.30 (on both units)
- Micro SD card - 4GB (just to be safe not to over the potential limit) and formatted either FAT32 or FAT (either time did not work)
- New map stored in the SD card folder - Garmin
- Name of the new map - tried all combination based on the suggested review of the based unit's GarminDevice.xml designations: gmapprom.img plus renaming the base unit file to gmapprom.SAV
gmapsupp.img plus keeping the base unit gmapprom.img as it is
gmapsup1.img plus keeping the base unit gmapprom.img as it is
Well, any good advice to make this work? Thanks in advance!
I can't seem to make use of the comments in this post. Garmin help only says how to install the memory card. (duh!) But not how to actually make the device USE the memory card.
I've installed a SanDisk 32G card on a new Gamin nuvi 2699. I did the install/update, and all looks hunky dory -- that is, no errors -- but when I check the memory card disk in File Explorer in Windows, it shows that the memory card is empty. How to make the memory card the storage place for whatever data I have.... maps, favorites, etc.