Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?
Am I missing something?
Please bear with me (I am a 74 year old pensioner). I have downloaded the following:
UK Road Safety POIs UK Road Safety POIs POI - All in one - All UK speed, red light, variable, bus lane and other road safety camera locations in a single file. called GPS-Data-Team.gpi
Having got to this point I am stumped.
Several questions if I may....
1. I would like to know if this file contains the .bmp files to show the camera locations and the .wav sound file that just produces the bongs when I approach these camera locations? If not where do I get these files?
2. More importantly having got the GPS-Data-Team.gpi file located on my PC, how do I get the information (all the camera locations with bmp and sound) onto my 2595LM?
Naturally I missing some steps out and ask that some knowledgeable kind person gives me a quick insight on how I do this. Perhaps it is simple and I am looking for something too complicated. Note.. I do have the Garmin POI Loader that I used to upload the .bmp and .csv files from my PC when I uploaded other database files.
Could someone please give me some assistance on this. PS. I am IT literate and can follow instructions without problems.
Re: Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?
Easy one-click GPI updates:
- All GPI files contain BMP files.
- All Road Safety (camera) files have enabled proximitu alerts (bongs). Audio alerts are disabled for non-road-safety files.
- Just Copy that GPI file to your GPS ( /POI/ folder) and it'll work well
Advanced / registered users (like you):
- download separate files (CSV, BMP and WAV) and
- load them with POI Loader to your GPS unit.