I've go a CSV file for some POIs that include commas in their names:
I want to create an OV2 file that preserves the POI names with the commas but how do I do it? If I use to CSV to OV2 converter it strips out everything and, for the above example, the POI ends up just being called "HELLO"
True, our web based POI Editor and tools strip commas from descriptions. There are a few good reasons to do that, but many good reasons to keep commas as well.
A few facts:
- We are the first website to publish web based POI Editor and POI editing tools for many GPS brands (including TomTom),
- our first POI Edit script was published more than 10 years ago, (including the CSV to OV2 for TomTom tool)
- millions of visitors and members used our web based POI Editor and tools,
- trillions of POIs were created, edited and exported using our web based POI tools
- and you are the first one to ask commas to be preserved.
As a public demand driven group, I can not ask our R&D to change our tools and scripts unless there is a good reason. You may ask Tomtom support if they have any "better" way to convert CSV to OV2 (with commas).