I have experimented with trying to make my custom POI icons larger for the Garmin compared to what is offered here. As you know the ones here are only 24X24 size. I wanted to make icons that are similar to the blue icons built into the software but with many attempts no luck the software does not let you get the icons the same size as built in the software. The largest size i got was 42X52 to fit. As I can see not all POI stores are visible by default software so thus I wanted to show this.
I have made a few POI icons for you to download if anyone wants them.
Note: This is my first attempt ( version 1.0). Icon pack 1. I dont have photoshop to make them super pretty but they look good enough on the GPS. If people like this, I will be happy to make them super pretty on Photoshop later.
This is what it looks like on the GPS:
Instructions to download icons below :
1. Right click on POI image below, click "Save As"
2. Change "Save as type" dropdown from PNG Image to "All Files"
3. Change file name to your appropriate POI file name that matches your POI Csv file. Ex. My POI CSV is Home_Depot-US-FL-Florida and the file name should be named Home_Depot-US-FL-Florida.bmp
4. Add .bmp to end of file name to save it as .bmp format. The default file name will be .PNG
5. Make sure to remove your old icons for these POI's so that the new ones will overrite them.
6. Launch POI Loader> Select option to remove all POI's.
7. Relaunch POI Loader > Select option to load your POI's and point to folder where all your POI files are including the new POI icons.
8. Enjoy nicer largest size available icons.