GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Garmin 2595LMT help

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Garmin 2595LMT help
 



cezoot

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2595







Post Garmin 2595LMT help     
Reply with quote

Please can anyone help me, I have Garmin 2595LMT and am new to Garmin,
the Gps supported with speed cameras locations and the speed limits ,I have downloaded the voice alerts for all poi in a wav extensions and sox , is it enough to get the sound alerts ? in which folder in Garmin I should copy them ? do i still need csv file ? and how I get it ? I am in New Zealand , any help plz thanks
View user's profile





mfogg

GPS: Garmin nuvi 3590LMT







Post Re: Garmin 2595LMT help     
Reply with quote

cezoot wrote:
Please can anyone help me, I have Garmin 2595LMT and am new to Garmin,
the Gps supported with speed cameras locations and the speed limits ,I have downloaded the voice alerts for all poi in a wav extensions and sox , is it enough to get the sound alerts ? in which folder in Garmin I should copy them ? do i still need csv file ? and how I get it ? I am in New Zealand , any help plz thanks


Hello cezoot

In order to get audible alerts for custom POIs like those provided here you need the following:

BMP - this is the picture or icon of the POI
GPX - (bottom one) and set the proximity alert that you want to be notified by, for example, 100m...200m etc.
Wav or Mp3 - this is the actual sound file or audible alert.

Use POI Downloader to install the 3 files that you've downloaded for each category.

With regards to the speed limits I'm not sure if your unit supports audible alerts if you're exceeding the speed limit...I know my 3590LMT doesn't. Garmin seems to think that you shouldn't be relying on the GPS to monitor your speed - use the large dial on your dashboard cluster instead Wink
View user's profile







johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3







Post Re: Garmin 2595LMT help     
Reply with quote

Cezoot,
If you look at this link you will see the directory structure in which to put the POI files, then use POI loader to set the files and upload to your gps..
View user's profile Visit poster's website





johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3







Post Re: Garmin 2595LMT help     
Reply with quote

johmazz2006 wrote:
Cezoot,
If you look at this link you will see the directory structure in which to put the POI files, then use POI loader to set the files and upload to your gps..


Sorry, Looks like I left out the link, see below.. Embarassed
https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/3418.html
View user's profile Visit poster's website





cezoot

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2595







Post Garmin 2595     
Reply with quote

will i put these downloads bmb icons..wave sound alerts.sox ..each in separate folders and garmin will pick it automatically ? and what it mean
gpx files and my garmin supported with all poi built in ..thanks
View user's profile





johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3







Post garmin     
Reply with quote

The pertaining files for EACH speed or POI alert MUST be put in their own named directories to operate.
i.e. all files needed must have the same file name with the relevant extension that your model GPS uses.
.gpx or .csv <<<<<<< POI file name
.wav or .mp3 <<<<<<< Sound file required
.bmp <<<<<<< picture on map/screen
View user's profile Visit poster's website





cezoot

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2595







Post Re: garmin     
Reply with quote

johmazz2006 wrote:
The pertaining files for EACH speed or POI alert MUST be put in their own named directories to operate.
i.e. all files needed must have the same file name with the relevant extension that your model GPS uses.
.gpx or .csv <<<<<<< POI file name
.wav or .mp3 <<<<<<< Sound file required
.bmp <<<<<<< picture on map/screen


How can i Know that my garming in support csv or gpx files ?
any one from New Zealand _ Auckland has experience with 2595 ? thanks
View user's profile





hillsary

GPS: Nuvi 3597 LMT,3490LMT,Nuvi 1690, nuvi 265w, tomtom 720, navman s150 platinum







Post files     
Reply with quote

you can hook your unit up to your pc and open the unit file and see what type of files they are in the respective folders ie:gpx etc
View user's profile





cezoot

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2595







Post thank you     
Reply with quote

Thank you for you all , the speed cameras alerts audible alerts works fine now , but still looking to do the same for the speed limits instead this icon that change into red color without peeping or alerting.
View user's profile





Your Name

Guest






Post Your comments     
Reply with quote

Add your comment here:

 






Display posts from previous:   
Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Garmin 2595LMT help
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1




Jump to:  

 






Permalink: Garmin 2595LMT help | Garmin forum