Just bought a Nuvi 50, subscribed to the POIs on here, and downloaded a few.
1. Is it best to feed csv or gpx files intp POILoader (ie is one better than the other)
2. Does the Nuvi 50 handle mp3 or wav or both. If both, which is better?
3. How does POILoader know that a gpx/csv file has Alert Points? There doesnt seem to be any info in the csv file.
4. Even if POILoader doesnt 'detect' alett points, can I say the file has, and set appropriate distance/speed, so that I can set alerts for any POI category?
5. There is a lot of free memory on the device. Any advantage in using a memory card?
I read a post (I think on this forum) that said that when downloading POIs, you need to download the BMP file (icon), MP3 file (sound/voice) and ONEof the following files in the following order of preference -
1. Garmin GPX file
2. Garmin POI
3. Garmin POI GPX
I wouldn't recommend that you use the memory card if you don't need to as the GPS will respond slower if it has to retrieve information from a memory card rather than directly from its internal memory.