I am using an apple mac but the usb stick is formatted to ms_dos (FAT) and the file is just transferred and untouched.
When I insert the usb stick into the connect system it detects the usb and see's the POI's and asks if I want to download. It goes through the motion and says it is downloading but just sits there and does nothing. I have left it in this state for up to half an hour and it will not complete the download.
Any suggestions on how to get the files downloaded or where I am going wrong would be greatly appreciated
I have just got a 2010 Cashqai with the connect in it, and I also use a 27" iMac.
first off, it seems that not all USB sticks will work in the connect. I found an old 4GB one...
- As that post mentions use POIs for the Blaupunkt. They are listed here: http://poi.gps-data-team.com
- Set up a folder on the USB Stick called MYPOIs
- inside that folder put all the things you want like supermarkets, beefeater ... (do not creat seperate folders such as shopping, or petrol stations... just put all the .CSV files in that one place...
For Traffic Warnings
- Download speed cameras here: http://poi.gps-data-team.com/_safety/
- Inside the folder called MYPOIs create another foldert called MYPOIWarnings inside that folder
- put all the speed camera .CVS inside that folder
I made the mistake of creating one folder then putting loads of sub folders in... but it just didnt work.
The other thing is it will not allow you to upload icons, so when you reach speed cameras you will get a bleep and a grey screen that you can either touch or it will go off after a few seconds