GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > CSV files on Mac

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic CSV files on Mac
 



mickhoppy

GPS: Nuvi 265WT







Post CSV files on Mac     
Reply with quote

I have a Macbook Pro computer and have downloaded CSV files but they are saved as a file and Garmin POIloader will not accept

Any clues anyone please Sad
View user's profile





MacTech

Guest






Post Re: CSV files on Mac     
Reply with quote

Try this:

1. Make a test file here: http://garmin.gps-data-team.com/extra/poiedit.php
2. Save it as a Garmin CSV and Garmin GPX file format to your Mac
3. Load saved files with POI Loader

You may need to update your PIO Loader software.
Download and install POI Loader software on your Mac here: https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/33.html

MacTech





liron_bruce

GPS: Garmin Zumo 660







Post Mac recognition of files     
Reply with quote

Driving me nuts here as I just can't seem to get my Macbook to recognise the dowloaded POI files apart from BMP. I've downloaded the latest POI uploader - no joy. Any assistance most gratefully accepted......
View user's profile





mickhoppy53

Guest






Post Re: CSV files on Mac     
Reply with quote

MacTech wrote:
Try this:

1. Make a test file here: http://garmin.gps-data-team.com/extra/poiedit.php
2. Save it as a Garmin CSV and Garmin GPX file format to your Mac
3. Load saved files with POI Loader

You may need to update your PIO Loader software.
Download and install POI Loader software on your Mac here: https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/33.html

MacTech


Thanks that seems to work





erinninn

GPS: Garmin nuvi 250w







Post Re: CSV files on Mac     
Reply with quote

Great information. Just need the Garmin POI Loader to upload the POI.
View user's profile





pdavidkohler

GPS: Garmin zumo 550







Post Re: Mac recognition of files     
Reply with quote

liron_bruce wrote:
Driving me nuts here as I just can't seem to get my Macbook to recognise the dowloaded POI files apart from BMP. I've downloaded the latest POI uploader - no joy. Any assistance most gratefully accepted......


Ditto from San Antonio Texas. In the basic directory view when I browse for a file to upload in the POI Loader (v2.10), the files are dimmed and not available for import. What gives?

Dave
View user's profile





Guest








Post Re: Mac recognition of files     
Reply with quote

pdavidkohler wrote:


Ditto from San Antonio Texas. In the basic directory view when I browse for a file to upload in the POI Loader (v2.10), the files are dimmed and not available for import. What gives?

Dave


Had the same issue... You have to select the FOLDER where you put the csv file. Once I did that, it loaded it without an issue.





Your Name

Guest






Post Your comments     
Reply with quote

Add your comment here:

 




Display posts from previous:   
Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic CSV files on Mac
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1




Jump to:  

 






Permalink: CSV files on Mac | Garmin forum