How to install POI to TomTom for iPhone/iPad in a few easy steps:
1. Remove TT App if you have the App installed in your iPhone.
2. On your computer, go to Control panel and select, 'Folder Options'
Select, 'Do not show hidden files and folders'
and remove the 'Hide extensions for known file types'
3. Open iTunes and navigate to the applications folder. Locate your TomTom App. Back up this file before proceeding. Right Click the App and select 'Show in Windows Explorer' - This will show you the file.IPA in windows explorer.
4. Rename the file, add ".zip" at the end of the file. You will notice the icon changed from the iTunes icon to a zip file.
5. Open the zip file and navigate to: Payload > US-Canada.app You will notice the North America folder and voices folder.
The North America folder is where you place your custom POI files (.bmp & .ov2). The voices folder is where you will include your custom voices (.chk & .vif)
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM POIs
Navigate to the 'North America' folder and copy any custom POIs you have and paste it into this directory. It will take some time to copy over because of the compressing. Once your POI files are copied you will see them listed in the directory.
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM VOICES
Navigate to the 'voices' folder. You will see the list of installed voices. You cannot add extra voices! You can only replace the existing voices with custom ones. Rename any custom file to the one you want to replace.
Follow this list to know what voice each data file is:
00- Dansk Brigtte
01- Deutsch Werner
02 - Deutsch - Lisa
04- English(UK) - Tim
05-English(UK) - Jane
06- English(AUS) - Ken
07-English(US) - Lori
08- English(US) - Bonnie
09- English(US) - Richard
- Once you are done customizing, navigate back to the 'Mobile Applications' folder. Rename the APP file from the zip you created back to the original extension: '.ipa' by removing the '.zip' and hit enter. The icon will return back to the iTunes icon.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer, select your iPhone device and then scroll to the 'Applications' tab. Make sure the TomTom App is check or select the option, then select 'Apply' on the bottom right to sync the App.
- Open your TomTom App to make sure it installed correctly: Change Settings>Map>POI Types