GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Downloading One Time Free Maps

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Downloading One Time Free Maps
 



bruno_blvd

GPS: Garmin nuvi 265wt







Post Downloading One Time Free Maps     
Reply with quote

I took your advice and exchanged my 265wt ,this one works great picks up
satellite signal in no time,i also registered my unit ,then i downloaded the one time free maps from the Garmin website North American 2010 Map Update, saved them to My Documents on my computer,this worked out good
download took about half an hour ,i checked the dialouge box which says
Launch When Finished, but nothing happens suppose to go from My Documents to my Gps what do you think my problem is by the way my o.s.
is Vista Home Premium,Thank you.
View user's profile





johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3







Post Re: Downloading One Time Free Maps     
Reply with quote

Bruno_blvd,
The maps file should be in your download area on your computer and look like Garmin exe (executable file).
Run the file and it will self unzip and bring up an install program. Just follow the prompts and all done. Can take some time as the maps are quiet large.
View user's profile Visit poster's website







bruno_blvd

GPS: Garmin nuvi 265wt







Post Downloading One Time Free Maps     
Reply with quote

johmazz2006


thanks for the info,the word unzip in your thread says it all,i had to use
WinRAR to unzip the maps, used the Navigator, took quite a long time
to download ,thanks again .
View user's profile





johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3







Post Re: Downloading One Time Free Maps     
Reply with quote

Glad it worked for you.
John
View user's profile Visit poster's website





johnno80

GPS: Garin Nuvi 660







Post Downloading One Time Free Maps     
Reply with quote

Just wondering if purchasing the one time payment for lifetime map updates is worth the money?
View user's profile





johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3







Post Re: Downloading One Time Free Maps     
Reply with quote

johnno80 wrote:
Just wondering if purchasing the one time payment for lifetime map updates is worth the money?


How much are they charging for the lifetime updates ?
I haven't seen it so could you post the web address for the updates please johnno80 ?
View user's profile Visit poster's website





vancewankai

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 370







Post Lifetime Updates     
Reply with quote

I bought the lifetime updates from Garmin, and I am not convinced it was worth the $149 I shelled out. The only thing is how can you really know??? My Garmin has only made about 3 mistakes in 2 years. I drive all over the US and Europe with about 200,000 Kilometers.
View user's profile





zen123

GPS: Garmin nuvi 250w







Post reinstall from one time free map     
Reply with quote

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. It is sometime ago now since I downloaded the one time free map Garmin....2010.exe and it is still sitting on my Download directory. I have forgotten what I did, but the unzipped files are still sitting on my c:/Gamin.
The maps on my device are corrupt.
Questions:
If I want to reinstall the maps on my device, do I:
a) run Garmin.....2010.exe or
b) go to c:/Garmin.

If I use the unzipped files in c:/Gamin, how to get the files transferred to my device?

Any idea, please.
View user's profile





fendisuyanto

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 3597







Post Re: reinstall from one time free map     
Reply with quote

zen123 wrote:
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. It is sometime ago now since I downloaded the one time free map Garmin....2010.exe and it is still sitting on my Download directory. I have forgotten what I did, but the unzipped files are still sitting on my c:/Gamin.
The maps on my device are corrupt.
Questions:
If I want to reinstall the maps on my device, do I:
a) run Garmin.....2010.exe or
b) go to c:/Garmin.

If I use the unzipped files in c:/Gamin, how to get the files transferred to my device?

Any idea, please.


reinstall it again using Gar...2010.exe should be the correct one.
View user's profile





c764

GPS: Garmin 265WT







Post Re: Lifetime Updates     
Reply with quote

vancewankai wrote:
I bought the lifetime updates from Garmin, and I am not convinced it was worth the $149 I shelled out. The only thing is how can you really know??? My Garmin has only made about 3 mistakes in 2 years. I drive all over the US and Europe with about 200,000 Kilometers.


I have had to contact Garmin a few times in the 1.5 years since I bought it and they are very helpful. Unfortunately they are usually very busy & I've waited on hold for 30 minutes before speaking to someone. Give them a call & see what they can divulge as far as how many or how frequently (semi annually, quarterly?) they update their files and the system.
View user's profile







Guest








Post Re: reinstall from one time free map     
Reply with quote

fendisuyanto wrote:
zen123 wrote:
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. It is sometime ago now since I downloaded the one time free map Garmin....2010.exe and it is still sitting on my Download directory. I have forgotten what I did, but the unzipped files are still sitting on my c:/Gamin.
The maps on my device are corrupt.
Questions:
If I want to reinstall the maps on my device, do I:
a) run Garmin.....2010.exe or
b) go to c:/Garmin.

If I use the unzipped files in c:/Gamin, how to get the files transferred to my device? Any idea, please.
reinstall it again using Gar...2010.exe should be the correct one.



Perhaps you need to remove what you installed/downloaded way back when Question and do it again. If the files are, in fact, corrupt this could be the reason for the issues/troubles you are having. You may also want to run/scan the Garmin for possible virus that may have somehow found it's way onto your device. Plug it into your computer - Open "My Computer" - Select which drive is the Garmin which will look like this (depending on which drive it is connected to)
Garmin nuvi {E:}
Garmin nuvi {F:}
Garmin nuvi {H:}
Right click the appropriate drive and then left click Scan for virus, Scan with AVG, Scan with Norton - or whatever anti-virus program you have on your computer.

If this is not the reason, contact Garmin. I have not had "trouble" but have come across times the map upgrade wouldn't download and they have been very helpful.
Good luck...





Your Name

Guest






Post Your comments     
Reply with quote

Add your comment here:

 




Display posts from previous:   
Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Downloading One Time Free Maps
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1




Jump to:  

 






Permalink: Downloading One Time Free Maps | Garmin forum