Top 8 Sellers in 2008 (GPS Navigator's best sellers)
- Garmin nüvi 360 3.5-Inch Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Text-To-Speech
- Garmin nüvi 760 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Automobile Navigator
- Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor
- Garmin nüvi 350 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
- Navigon 2100 max 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Text-to-Speech, Lifetime Traffic and Fresh Maps - Special Bundle
- TomTom One Third Edition Auto Navigation System (Factory Refurbished)
- TomTom GO 730 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator
- Garmin Colorado 300 Bilingual Handheld GPS Unit with North American Maps
Garmin continues to dominate most of the mobile and geo-caching market. The Colorado and Utah models excel in a variety of outdoor navigation needs and is a real plus for geocacher. The Garmin Nuvi is a great model for over the road use and comes highly recommended by many commuters and commercial drivers.
It is interesting how different suppliers in Australia market satnav. In the Perth area and also country NSW, dealers such as Retravision, Harvey Norman and other retail chains appear to push Tomtom and Navman over Garmin.
I've used Tomtoms PDA Navigator 6 in Perth however the battery life was only an hour (on motorbike - no charge facility). Now upgraded to the Garmin 310 and am quite happy; but a lot of salesmen pushed the more expensive Tomtom (including the expensive Tomtom rider) and Navman stock and would not even mention Garmin.