After purchasing my nuvi 760, it didn't have any poi loaded into it, so I rang Garmin and they sent (via internet) files for red light cameras, school zones and fixed speed camera locations, and I loaded them into to unit and works great. But there's some new cameras and poi that I want to load into the unit but haven't managed to.
Any advise on loading custom poi for my unit?
I've tried creating a csv file with the waypoints of the custom poi, but I can't seem to do it. Garmin told me to get on the web and get the instructions from there, which I tried, but to no avail.
Basically I need some advise, step by step on how to create a csv file and how to type in the waypoints etc. etc. and finally load them to my unit.
I got my Garmin Nuvi 760 3 weeks ago and was very frustrated with uploading the poi files.
I have it worked out now though and here are my hints that worked for me.
1) I used the poi loader to put the poi onto the unit from my hard drive (free Garmin software)
2) Down load the poi files on the line < XML - GPX Exchange format> line not the <Garmin poi CSV> line (I had no luck with the CSV ones at all, only one file would load even though I had 4 or 5 files to load)
3) If you find errors in the files like I did use poiedit to delete some of the wrong warnings (I found speed cameras warnings in places that there none and there is a set of traffic lights in Aspley (north Brisbane) that had 6 red-light camera icons on it or around it)
4) You can down load the pictures from the web site to add to the Garmin as well just put it in the folder just make it have exactly the same file name before the dot
5) Same as 4) but with sound (.mp3) for the warning i.e. red light.
6) When you up load them with poi loader use manual not auto and add the distance you want i.e. I use 450meters for red lights 300 for school zones 600 for rest areas.
7) Have fun with it if you don't like the distances you enter just re run poi loader clear the GPS and reload