TomTom one XL promotional Free 2008 Australian map
The TomTom one XL promotional "Free 2008 Australian map" was due out June 1st.
It didn't happen so I got a new hobby and complained.
The emails flew and this is what I learned and shared with you.
1. I haven't been able to set up the required servers / mirrors to service the number of downloads required on the date advertised, neither have I extended the download period . No hang on, I mean I haven't generated the codes to unlock said downloads or something AND as such, will not be available for one week, two weeks, or four weeks respectively.
2. Oh, perhaps that wasn't the problem. It seems that I now blame Telstra as the 2008 sensis map isn't finished yet, although by the time you get it, 2008 may well be.
3. Although as time beyond the date of the promotion's advertised release passes and therefore devalues that promotion, I offer no remuneration for this difference in value.
4. I feel really bad about this entire situation and wish you would stop bothering me with your incessant whining.
5. If you don't understand or believe any of the above excuses then I would refer you to the bold underlined text I love to use which obviously lends an air of authority to an otherwise wobbly and desperate duck and cover exercise.
All of which leaves me more than a little perplexed. Where on earth do they find these people? I mean.... my four year old can lie better than this individual whom I assume would have a much higher qualification.. eg. Fibs 101 in Ass Covering Diploma, School of Not Dealing With It.