GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

GPS Forum > Reviews > Garmin > Recent ratings for Garmin 2597 GPS models

Garmin related links: Garmin POI,   Garmin Forum,   TomTom to Garmin POI converter,   Speed cameras

GPS Forums
GPS brand:    
Goto page ... 
# Username GPS model Pros Cons Rating
1 Garmin nuvi 2597LMT large 7 display for motorhome use, large clear icons for turns etc. North up map view not available as permanent mode whilst driving (I prefer in strange territory). Speed limit indication not always visible when start-up is between speed limit road signs (only used for 1 week to date).
2 Garmin 2597LMT Good solid reliable performance, with great (if expensive) mounting system so I can transfer it between cars. Although the device works well, and the Garmin Express software is easy to use for maintaining updates of software and maps, the Garmin online shop and support is woeful.
3 Garmin Nuvi 2597 bigger 5 display
voice commands works well
lifetime map update
Mobile phone interface audio quality
4 Garmin Nuvi 2597 stable and easy to use suction pad mounting not readily usable on modern car dash
5 garmin nuvi 2597 Nice bright screen and clear voice instructions. Difficult to use compared to my old Nuvi, red light camera warnings have disappeared. also some of the hazard warnings such as school areas.
6 garmin nuvi 2597 It's very solid, resist to shock, high temperature in the car. It's strongly made. I would not recommend this gps. Map not well updated, POI never updated, no easy configuration, it doesn't give the best itineraries. It can advise the traffic jam but often too late.
7 Garmin NUVI 2597 New device, so far very straightforward and easy to use. Particularly like the sleep feature, no more waiting for the thing to fire up. Took me a while to figure out un-mounting it from the dash holder, but now that I've got it figured, it comes off easy.
8 Garmin Nuvi 2597lmt Start up is quick; telling which lane to be on when exiting a freeway; showing you a picture of your exit sign; free updates I don't like the fact that the auto zoom function really doesn't do anything when disabled. It zooms out too much but doesn't zoom back in where I would like it. Driving through a city and having it zoomed out is not a good thing.
9 Garmin 2597LMT Good clear sound quality Voice search results pronounce St. as Saint instead of street , e.g. Did you mean 123 Main Saint ?
10 Garmin 2597 LMT Lifetime maps and photo realistic junctions Screen clarity is not as crisp as it could be
11 Garmin Nuvi 1490, 50, 2597, 3595 Nuvi are versitile, easy to make maps for, solid GPS units As models develop it is frustrating that they loose functionality that you have used or developed in various bits of software
12 garmin 2597 strong signal reception, search a great idea, lots POI, voice command, eazy to use Doesn't transfer contact phone name list - numbers only, hands free not loud enough
13 Garmin Nuvi 2597 Simple to update, I have a map of Canada and USA in addition to Australia. Keeps up to my location without too much delay. In some cities does not give enough advance warning of turns. USA map loaded originally did not include Canada and the one I bought in Canada will not update here as it still only finds the originally loaded map in the index.
14 Garmin 2597LMT compact, good window attachment device, has most of the features of a more expensive model. on/off button broke off after 18 months. Editing map features eg speed zones is not user friendly. Backlighting is not very bright in daylight. When changing user preferences you have to begin again for each change.
Page 1 of 16

Garmin
is rated 6.7 / 10
based on
800 member reviews.

Goto page ... 

Permalink: User ratings for Garmin 2597